Wednesday, May 24, 2006

One Year Ago




Today marks the one year anniversary of Murphy’s death. It’s hard to believe he’s been gone for 12 months – especially after the years of enjoyment he brought to my life. He was born in Battle Creek Michigan on February 5, 1988. As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, his first cat box was in an adult foster home that cared for men with Down Syndrome. There were other cats in the litter, I don’t know how many, but I do know he had a brother. In this photo, Murphy is just days old and that’s his sibling on the right.



His mother was a Persian named Moonbright Weber’s Samantha. I don’t have a picture of her, but I do have a shot of Murphy’s dad whose name was Kitty Lands Flaming Shainasee. He was born on 8/13/85 and was a flame point Himalayan-persian.



Murphy was always a little stand-off-ish and some people thought he looked mean because of his facial features. But really he was the sweetest boy who loved his step sister, Maddie, and who made me happy through any number of sad times in my life. He watched a lot of people and jobs come and go. He moved with me to the 8 different homes/apartments I’ve lived in over the past 18 years. And all of that without complaining or expecting anything except a little food, water and a clean litter box.

Here are some more photos in memory of The Murph…Also known as: Smurf, love bug, butter, bug, hun bun, sweet boy, stretch Gordon, muffin head, fluff ball, squeezer cat, special mister, fluffinator, jaba the hut, etc…


1 comment:

Care said...

He really was a great boy. I miss him....