Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Mindless Break"


Come on people, it's just basil!
Yeah, I know, we've all seen these questionnaires before - but they're fun!  Well, they're fun when you have all the time in the world, like when you are on your third snow day!  A new friend of mine sent this out with the following perfect intro:



"This is a mindless break from other activities.  And a perfect day to receive/send because all we can do in Atlanta is rattle around and keep checking the temperature on our cabin fever..."

So now that I've finished cleaning out the spice rack, I can take a mindless break to answer a few questions (I had "high" hopes that Doc. B. had forgotten about a certain "spice", but it really is just basil).   Enough with the fanfare, read on! 

1.     What color are your socks right now?  They’re blue at the moment but they're mood socks so I expect they’ll change colors by the time I finish completing this assignment.

2.     What are you listening to right now? The sounds of silence – Doc. B. left me, to go to work, says she couldn’t stand to be in this snowbound state any longer.

3.     What was the last thing you ate?  Besides crow?  The second to last chip in the basket – at the U-Joint.  I always leave the last bite for Doc. B. – isn’t that sick!

4.     Can you drive a stick shift?  Yes, but would prefer that the stick be attached to a Porsche Carrera GTS Cabriolet vs. our Ford Ranger.  It’s hard enough to shift, let alone roll the windows up and down manually.  Plus, did you ever notice how hard it is to drink coffee and shift at the same time?

5.     Last person you spoke to on the phone?  The RCI salesperson.  No sir, I really DO NOT want to trade in my week at Hilton Head for a cruise!

6.     Do you like the person who sent this to you?  She made me laugh my butt off the first time I met her, so YES!

7.     How old are you today?  16,911 days old – there’s an app for that!

8.     What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?  I could really go down in the dirt to answer this one but I’ll stick with women’s college basketball and March madness men’s basketball.

9.     What is your favorite drink?  Yesterday it was the spicy orange/lime margarita that Doc. B. created with what we had in the house.  Today it was the Founders Red Rye Pale Ale at the U-Joint.  If this weather continues, it maybe the Wild Irish Rose from the corner store – complete with the ubiquitous black plastic bag.  Favorites change daily so check back often!


10.     Have you dyed your hair?  I anticipate paying at least $18,000 to Pam, at the hair salon, over the next 15 years – enough said.


11.     Favorite food?  Just give me a pizza, topped with extra cheese and green olives, and you’ve got a happy me.


12.     What is the last movie you watched?  “The Kids are Alright.’  I know, stereotypical but the Joni Mitchell sing-along alone was worth it.  Oh wait, that’s stereotypical too!


13.     Favorite day of the year? Any moon day because that means Doc. B. is not going to yoga and we get to sleep in!


14.     How do you vent?  Usually with Mrs. T. since most of what I vent about is related to work.  But I also vent by getting my butt to the gym as often as possible.  And it’s not been possible since Sunday!


15.     What was your favorite toy as a child?  Anything that belonged to my Uncle Al.  I loved all of his stuff – snowmobiles, Atari Pong, BB guns, and burning barrels.  “Let’s light some stuff on fire after we shoot at some empty pop cans!”


16.     What is your favorite season?  No hesitation on this one – the fall!


17.     Cherries of blueberries?  Any kind of fruit!  Overhiser Orchards – we’ve got the ripe stuff!


18.   Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?  Only if they so choose.  Despite what many of them think, I don’t hold grudges, really I don’t!


19.   Who is the most likely to respond?  Ted Nugent.  He’ll like the BB gun comment.


20.   Who is least likely to respond? Ted Nugent.  I guess I’d need his address in order for him to respond – oh well.


21.   Living situation?  It’s all good!


22.   When was the last time you cried?  Do I really have to answer that one?  How about the last time I teared up? Can I answer that one instead?


23.   What is in your closet right now? Lots of jeans and comfortable shoes.


24.   What are you most afraid of?  Right now, running out of food and booze – this snow storm stuff is for the Yankee Birds!


25.Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?  Everything Spicy!


26.   Favorite dog breed?  I’m a cat person, but I do like dogs if they are somewhat bigger than a cat, don’t bark, don’t shed, don’t poop and don’t have to be walked.


27.   How many states have you lived in?  Besides a state of fear and loathing, I’ll say three and one district.


28.   Diamonds of pearls?  I thought the question was Diamonds or rust?  Where is Joan Baez when you need her?


29.   What is your favorite flour?  I like Martha White the best.  The label is so inviting and seems like it would make good pancake.  

...This is my brain on basil.

No comments: