Saturday, September 04, 2010

Who Needs Rosetta Stone. Eat More Chinese.

Who Needs Rosetta Stone. Eat More Chinese
I Crave It!
Devil's Lunch



I don’t know why I found it odd to crack open a fortune cookie the other night only to find my future written in Spanish. I mean really, shouldn’t I find it odd to open a fortune cookie and find my future written in English? I went ahead and opened all of the cookies just to see what my Spanish fates were.

I now know how to say be all that you can be in Spanish – sea todo que usted puede ser. I can only guess that the Army had something to do with this – some subliminal plan to recruit Spanish-speaking fighters - but I can’t prove it. Just like the guy on the MARTA train last week who couldn’t prove to a fellow passenger that the U. S. Military had something to do with AIDS. He said he was “working on it”. Hopefully he’ll be on my train again soon with an answer. I hate it when I eavesdrop on a conversation but then don’t get to hear the whole story.

I also now know how to say the universe is the limit – el universe es el limite. This, I’m confident is a Walt Disney conspiracy. It’s way too similar to Buzz Lightyear’s famous Toy Story quote – To infinity and beyond! Wait, was that Pixar or Disney? Are they the same?  Either way, it’s a conspiracy.

The other photos are just random pictures I’ve been holding on the iPhone until I found a good place to blog about them. I guess this is as good as any.

The lower left pic is one of my favorites. The cafeteria at work must save these culinary classics signs because I’ve been certain, on several occasions, that I’ve missed my opportunity to snap a photo of this gastronomic goodie – Craved Corn Beef. It must be good if it’s craved – enough said.

And the receipt on the lower right came with the following comment from Ms. Betty, my favorite cafeteria cashier, as she weighed my salad ("vegetable 1"): "Honey, I’d have added another olive to that bowl." She laughed when I told her that instead I would go play three sixes in the Cash 3 lottery. I never did but always meant to check to see if I would have won.

Happy Labor Day everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog! Don't forget that your brother's birthdate was 6666. How about a porch update soon? Marcia & I have had coffee on the cottage porch the past three mornings and it's been great! This morning we sat covered with blankets since it was in the 50s's. The cottage season is about over - darn!

Care said...

well at least I know where to reach you now! You are on my short list of people to call this weekend (so short that you are the only one on it!).

The porch should be done by the end of next week but believe me, we've already been enjoying it! If we get out there early enough, the bugs aren't out yet (since the screens are not up yet).

Can't wait to have coffee with you soon!!!