Wednesday, March 14, 2007

October Road


October Road

I hate it when solicitors come right up to the door. No matter how many times this has happened, I’m still always a bit shocked when I find them peering into the house and looking around through the front door window.

You might say, “if you’re so annoyed, get some friggin’ window treatments for the door”. Thanks for the advice, but I like the way the door looks without it and I’d simply prefer that no solicitors come to our house anyway.

About a year or so ago, I came home from work to find a flyer attached to our front door. Since this was nothing new, my initial thought was, "oh great, someone was again looking into our house as they dropped off a solicitation for lord knows what". We’ve had leaflets left for everything from cleaning services, to tree removal, to babysitting. I can only guess that our guard cats were sleeping during these visits and weren’t awake to deter the unwanted predators.

But this little handout was not the norm. It said that our home had been selected as a possible filming location for an upcoming television series. I just laughed, thought momentarily about this ridiculous “offer”, and chucked the thing in the recycling bin. I never thought about it again, and never told Doc. B. about it. After all, that’s what I do with all of the other pamphlets I find on our property.

But then, a few months later, we were doing our normal Sunday morning jog through our neighborhood and we came upon a filming crew. They had massive vehicles parked on one of the side streets with thick wires running right up into a two story house; a house that resembled ours and even had an upper porch.

Doc. B. said, “I wonder what they are doing?” I immediately knew what they were doing so I responded with “they’re filming a television series”. Doc. B. of course wanted to know how I would be privy to this information. All I could do was fess up and tell her the story.

I don’t know if there is a moral to this story, so feel free to offer one up, bitch. But the reason I’m telling you all of this now is that the television series that was partially filmed in our neighborhood is finally making its debut. So this Thursday night, right after you finish watching Grey’s Anatomy, stay tuned in for October Road. I have no idea if it’s going to be good, but CNN says it may already be a winner.

NOTE: click on the link next to the photo of the television to see what CNN has to say...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Howser,
As you know, several of us at your former place of employment have been DESPERATELY trying to get you on the television program What Not To Wear. However, now that you have those brand new kickin' boots, I think we should scrap that idea, and just videotape you two-steppin' around Hoedowns. Yee Ha!
Love, Kowskie

Care said...

HMMMM...I do believe you have just given me a new blog entry topic! I better get cracking on this one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kowskie for the lol!

Care said...

I knew that would make Doc. B. chuckle!!!!