Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Cardinal Cups Runneth Over


It's not too often that I knowingly quote "The Bible", but my red cardinal cups runneth over ("Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over", Psalms 23:5).

In order to know what I'm talking about, you'd have to go back to my sixth ever blog posting. Click on the link and you can read the story.

Doc. B. had purchased me my own cardinal cup, but sadly I broke it. I was of course quite bummed. But in a synchronicitous act, one of my long-time friends mailed me one for Christmas :) She didn't even know about the broken one or that it had been sent off to recycling heaven. And then last week, I got a chance to see the original Red Cardinal cup, pictured above! "Leona", whose mother owns the cup, had been home over the holidays and got permission to take it across state lines to show it to me. So I made sure to get a photo of my bespectacled mug with the pariah mug. No, I didn't really drink out of it, I just pretended to put my lips on it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a favorite mug made by a special person with the initials KB. As far as I know, I'm the only one to have used this mug for my cup of coffee in the morning. This is a warning - don't anyone even think of using MY mug! LO

Care said...

How did I miss this comment LO???? You for sure have a one of a kind mug and since MO doesn't drink coffee, he probably has not used it :) xoxo