Thursday, November 16, 2006

Top O' the Lap

Photo courtesy of ABC.com

I’ve never had a lap top computer before, but I’m typing this from one now. Doc. B. got me an early Thanksgiving, early Christmas, early MLK day, early President's day, early Valentines day, early St. Patrick's day present and I’m SO loving on it. I can now sit anywhere and type. That may not seem like such a big deal but what I used to do was write out my blog entries on paper, type them into Microsoft Word and then copy them into the blog once I could get myself onto the web. Not anymore.

Doc. B. has been pet and house sitting an hour north of town this week so I’ve had an abundance of secret alone time to play with all of the lap top bells and whistles as I let our home go to pot. I haven’t made the bed in three days, the dishes are stacking up, there’s dirty laundry everywhere and I’ve been watching way too much television - because I can sit in front of it with the new computer.

Last night I was lounging in the love pit (our TV viewing area), watching "The Biggest Loser" while The Dish Network cut in and out during a major windstorm. But I had a charged battery and I didn’t even have to worry about a power surge. All I have to worry about now is the scrutiny you’ll send my way based on the fact that I chose "The Biggest Loser" over the season finale of "Dancing with the Stars". Sorry folks, Mario the Matador just doesn’t do it for me, nor does "can’t touch this" football player, Emmitt Smith. But put a bunch of fat people on television trying to lose weight, and I’m there. It’s closer to home for me. I’ll never be dancing with a star but I certainly have spent time being fat and making all sorts of crazy attempts to lose the extra pounds. Even just typing that three letter word, f-a-t, is hard for me. I was inclined to change it to "overweight", "chunky", or something similar. But let’s face it, I was fat - no bones about it - unless those bones were covered with excess skin of course.

At least tonight I didn’t have to choose between Grey’s Anatomy and the Barbara Walters special; they come on back to back. I hope I can get this place cleaned up before Doc. B. comes home tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the place cleaned up? I really doubt very much that you let your peaceful surroundings get very messed up! We have an interesting laptop story but that will have to be for another time. Love, Mom

Care said...

The place is back to normal Mom! Since I'm coming to visit you this week, I couldn't leave Doc. B. with my mess to clean up! See you in a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

CLO,
I bet that laptop is in Marshall.
Just wanted to let you know that I so enjoy reading your blog.

Have a wonderful Thankgsgiving and please tell your parents I said "hello". I haven't forgotten about our birthday/Christmas gathering. Let's try to pull something together before January 1.

CEL

Anonymous said...

CEL - I left the laptop in Atlanta but I'm responding to you from Marshall! Mom and Dad let me use their computer - so here I am. I have not forgotten about our celebration either so let's make it happen! Happy Birthday early!
CLO/Care