Monday, June 05, 2006

Happy Birthday 6/6/06ers!






PHOTOS COURTESY OF: Worldbridges.com, moviemarket.com and Starpulse.com (Janet Mayer)

Why on earth would I place a picture of The Dalai Lama anywhere near snapshots of Sandra Bernhard and Bjorn Borg? Because they were all born on June 6. I held back on including photos of Harvey Fierstein, Robert Englund (the guy who plays Freddy Kreuger) and Gary "US" Bonds. While all of these famous people were born on 6/6, none of them have the claim to fame of being born on 6/6/66 like my brother. Happy 40th birthday, Bro. Perhaps you'll treat yourself to a movie on your big day? I'd recommend "The Omen" remake? Well, either that or "Over The Hedge" since it's real close to that old saying "over the hill".

In case you had never researched this before, I thought you might like to know what was going on at the time of your birth:

*Lyndon Johnson was president and Hubert Humphrey was VP,
*Gas was .32 cents per gallon,
*the average household income was $8395/year and the DOW was at 786,
*Star Trek was in its first year,
*Hot Wheels were introduced, not to mention a battery operated Batmobile,
*Elizabeth Taylorwon best actress for "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" - by the way, if you've not seen this movie, I would highly recommend it,
*Top songs included the Monkees "I'm a Believer" and "Wild Thing" by the Troggs, and
*Claus Von Bulow married Sunny Crawford

Oh Brother, I hope you have a great day! Welcome to the club!

No comments: