Monday, April 03, 2006

Only at MARTA



Doc B. took me to the Inman Park Marta station this morning, just like she does most mornings that I’m on time. If I’m running late, I walk to the East Lake Marta station closer to our home. By being chauffeured to the Inman Park station, I have fewer stops to make on the way to work and trains come through there more often. Plus, I get to work quicker which means I can leave sooner!

On the way to Marta today, the skies turned very dark and opened up with rain. Doc B. tried to get me as close to the station entry as she could so that I wouldn’t have to get totally drenched. As I gathered my belongings and got ready for the run through the rain (yes, that would be run, not jog), a woman came running up toward the car. She was rather large, kind of “butch” as one might say and had on what looked to be those all white painter’s clothes. She had a few teeth missing but had a pleasant smile nonetheless. As I was getting ready to open my door, she opened the rear passenger door. Katrina and I were just about to yell at her when the woman realized she had made a mad dash through the rain to the wrong vehicle. She apologized and said she thought it was her boss’s car. She ran back under cover while Katrina and I collected ourselves.

It was clear that the woman had made a mistake and was probably just as embarrassed as we were worried about what she was doing. It’s kind of funny now, and wasn’t really all that scary in hindsight. I wonder what I would have done had it been a large man with missing teeth. I think I would have been freaked out for the entire day.

No comments: