Monday, November 07, 2005

Synchronicity Break...









(Photo courtesy of the official Ingrid Bergman web site)

Have no fear, I’m still working on the past 20 years of music in my life but I wanted to interrupt the flow with a fun synchronicity.

I was exchanging e-mails with one of my neighbors last week and one of her responses was that I was trying to “gaslight” her. I had no idea what she was talking about so she reported that “Gaslight” was a 1944 movie in which a husband (Charles Boyer) attempts to drive his wife (Ingrid Bergman) insane. I had never heard of the movie and while I laughed at the reference, I didn’t think about it again.

After a long day of work this past Saturday (yes, I was doing some overtime), I came home to plop myself in front of the TV for the evening. As I was channel surfing, guess what movie was on Turner Classics and set to begin in one minute? You guessed it, “Gaslight”. So that was how I spent my Saturday evening – and it was a great movie nonetheless! Watch it if you get a chance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an interesting synchronicity also. Recently I got out the electric knife to cut an acorn squash. I realized that I had not used the knife since we moved here over a year ago. I wondered to myself when I would use the knife again. A few hours later I was chatting with Carrie on the phone about the upcoming trip to visit she and Doc B in Atlanta. Carrie asked if we'd bring the electric knife so that it could be used to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. What do you think of that? Love, Mom

Care said...

The electric knife is a good "kid memory" for me. It wouldn't be thanksgiving without dad carving the turkey with that knife and the notable sound it makes! It's no wonder that I would ask you to bring it and that you would have had those thoughts about it :)