Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Biloxi Mailbox...
















I couldn’t resist asking permission to use this photo on my web log. It comes courtesy of Kathy, Doc. B.’s CFO at work. Kathy thinks the picture may have been taken by the insurance company as this mailbox is all that stands on her family’s property in Biloxi – thanks to hurricane Katrina. Where once stood a fantastic vacation home, right on the water, all that remains is a “blue” mailbox.

And speaking of hurricanes, I can’t imagine what it would be like to have the same name as a hurricane? I’ll have to see if Doc. B. will allow me to formally interview her for an official blog posting. And then I’ll have to check in with our neighbor, Rita, to get her take on it. I don’t know anyone named Wilma – does anyone really? Before hurricane Katrina hit, we were in Michigan for a late summer vacation. Doc. B. returned to work the day before the storm only to find her office door boarded up with plywood and her office windows criss-crossed with masking tape. We all laughed out loud at the creativity displayed by her co-workers! Little did any of us know what was to lie ahead for those in the path of hurricane Katrina, or any of the subsequent storms for that matter.

It will certainly be a year to remember. I’m just wondering what the memories will hold for those who were emotionally or physically harmed by the events of these past months? Hopefully they will be able to muster the strength to hold themselves together…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a high school classmate named Wilma Wawrousek! Also, wasn't there a famous female athlete named Wilma? Then, of course, there is Wilma Flintstone. Love, Mom

Care said...

Oh yeah! Wilma Rudolph! How could I forget about her :)