Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Three Day Christmas Vacation

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Hanukah or whatever it is you celebrate! I enjoyed my three day weekend and look forward to three more: New Years weekend I get Monday off, the following weekend my sister comes to visit and I take Friday off, and the following weekend is the MLK holiday. Pretty nice way to close out 2005 and begin 2006, I’d say.

We did minimal holiday decorating this year – just the basics without a tree. A few lights were strung on the upper porch railing, wreaths were hung on the entry doors, and stockings were hung by the chimney with care. We started off the holiday season with a winter solstice meditation at our yoga studio. It was my favorite yogi’s last class before he departed for a visit with his family followed by a trip to Thailand for training and vacation. He’ll be back to teaching again on Valentine’s day – my friend Holly’s favorite Hallmark Holiday (this is an inside joke in case she reads this – see, she told me once she didn’t “celebrate” valentine’s day, so I of course try to send her a card every year).

We also visited with Doc. B.’s family on Christmas eve. They live about an hour away from us and we enjoyed our time with them. Doc. B. even got her sister, niece and nephews doing yoga in the living room – it was very cute and we caught some of it on film. Speaking of film, we finally came into the true electronic age and bought a scanner/printer. It can scan pictures, documents and even slides. Doc. B. created a CD of photos from some of her dad’s slides from the 60’s, including his stints in Vietnam. It was very cool to have her father narrate as we all sat in front of the television vs. the slide projector.

We also got some relaxation time in and cooked some good food. I got to talk to all of my family members on Christmas day and a number of friends over the weekend. What more could I ask for!?

No comments: